SALISBURY, N.C. - Salisbury police said they’re searching for a missing 15-year-old who is believed to be with her boyfriend.
A warrant has been issued for Eduardo Carlos Mendez, 22, for felonious restraint and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Police believe Mendez is with Keiry Nalleli Serrano, 15, who was last seen on Sunday at her home on Whisperwood Drive in Salisbury.
On Monday, police said the victim’s family spoke with Mendez, and he told them he was heading to Virginia. Mendez was asked to return home with Serrano, and he reportedly said he would. Police said the couple has not been located.
Mendez was last known to be in the possession of a black 2003 Lexus with the North Carolina tag PJF-8984.
(Not actual vehicle)
Police are asking anyone who has seen Serrano or Mendez to call Officer B. Kimball at (704) 638-5333 or Detective B. Hall at (704) 638-2149.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: 2 women sexually assaulted transgender woman in NC bathroom
- Former officer sues city, says CMPD defended officer who slandered him
- Pineville police chase ends with car taking out power pole in Charlotte
- WATCH: Meteorologist Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- State reaches $100K settlement in boy's carbon monoxide poisoning death at Boone hotel
© 2019 Cox Media Group.